Dec 30, 2009

Does anyone else...

See the irony of this situation?


Iran's police chief threatened Wednesday to show "no mercy" in crushing any new opposition protests and said more than 500 demonstrators have been arrested in the wake of this week's deadly clashes. At least eight people were killed in street violence Sunday, the country's worst unrest since the aftermath of the disputed presidential election on June 12.

I keep flashing back to the Iranian revolution against the Shaw for some reason. Funny to see how the same people who overthrew the Shaw because of his oppressive regime feel perfectly justified in practicing the same methods on their opponents.

2 comments:

Peter said...

Happy New Year PJ!! Hopefully things pick up at work this year and we get to see you again.
P.

PJ said...

That’s so very nice of you Peter! :)

Thanks and a good New Year to you and yours too.

I’m actually missing Landor (sounds strange but true), because I really enjoyed my time there. Hopefully I will be seeing you before long.

Again, Happy 2010!